My Vision Board - Onto Dream Fulfillment

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2018-2020: Revive a Masters Swimming Class Event

I had decided to learn to swim in 2008 by enrolling to Bert Lozada Swim School in Philippine Columbian Association in Paco, Manila. It was a great experience that this year, 2010, I decided to swim regularly.

It had become a fun hobby as I got to meet a lot of people and learn a lot from them.

Unfortunately, swim meets or swim competitions in the Philippines are limited to the young ones. If someone 25 and above watch to compete in a swimming event. They have to do biking and running to in the form of a triathlon. For someone who discovered swimming as a new passion at a late age of 23. I don't have an opportunity to compete for the fun of it kinda like doing a fun run at 5km, 10km or so.


At a pinoy forum, I asked the experienced swimmers if an event like a fun run for older swimmers. There is such a thing as a masters swimming class, pertaining to those at age 25 and above.

So I googled it, I found a masters swimming class event last year held in Laguna. But there isn't any new announcement in the organizer's werbsite so I want to revive such an event. Since this takes a lot of time and energy, I will do this when I retire from my 8 to 6 job.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home